[mythtv-users] Archive to DVD - time format error

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Mon Nov 18 20:03:25 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:09:13AM +0000, John Pilkington wrote:

> >On 18/11/13 05:34, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
>  After applying that
> >>patch again, mythencode ran successfully, but then mythffmpeg got into a
> >>hard loop of some sort after it seemingly finished, constantly and
> >>rapidly writing lines into its passlog file.
> >>
> >>At least it's a different problem now. I'll try poking at it more later
> >>or tomorrow.
> >>
> >>mm
> >

> This may not apply in the USA, but it might be worth disabling
> interactive TV.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/553072#553072
>
> >Running (mythpreviewgen) on an HD recording (all original streams present) provokes many very rapid repetitions of
> >
> >[freemheg] WARN Quit during transition - ignoring
> >[freemheg] WARN Quit during transition - ignoring
> >[freemheg] WARN Quit during transition - ignoring
> >
> >until aborted.
>
> I think I've seen a commit for that, too, but maybe only for 0.28

Interesting problem but probably not mine. The mythtranscode process was
able to produce a new video so it seems to me that the original was
able to be read and processed.

I think that what I hit was #11548

    http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11548

since this is exactly what I saw. I tried it on another recording, of
about 65 minutes in length and that one actually worked!  Well, to some
degree. It churned for about, I dunno, 45 minutes (pretty much what I am
used to expecting from old, previous successes), actually making it
through both mythffmpeg passes, and wrote a DVD. Unfortunately it only
wrote 3 minutes worth. When I looked into the created dvd/ directory,
indeed the video there was only 3 minutes long.

I see from mythburn.log that the creation of this VOB file was aborted
early on with "Can't find next AC3 frame" but for some reason while this
aborted this step (perhaps I can find out to make that not happen; one
would think it could try to continue) this did not abort the overall
process, which went on to try to create a DVD using the truncated
result. And of course all that nice intermediate work material was
removed...

At any rate, this is now the wrong thread. I'll have to do more searching
and possibly start another one.

Thanks again,
-mm-