[mythtv-users] mythmote Unable to Connect

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Mon Nov 18 14:33:48 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 5:59 AM, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:

> I can't get my Mythmote to work either, so I'll be watching this "stream"
> (for lack of a better word).
> LP
>

> On Nov 18, 2013, at 3:13 AM, Ian Barton wrote:
>
> > I am trying to set up mythmote on my Android phone to connect to a
> frontend. I can get the remote interface to work on the by ssh using netcat
> localhost 6546. However, mythmote complains about an unknown host.
> >
> > The ip addresses of my frontends are allocated by my dhcp server, so I
> have added the server name (myth3.bantercat.co.uk) in Mythmote's setup.
> Reverse lookups do work ie I can ping myth3.bantercat.co.uk from other
> computers on my network and the port is not blocked by my firewall, as I
> can netcat myth3.bantercat.co.uk 6546 from other computers in the network.
> >
> > Ian.

I just installed mythmote maybe 2 weeks ago and it's working fine for me. I
used the IPV4 numeric address. One thing to check is to make sure your
phone/mobile device is on the same wifi network (I had to prevent mine from
connecting to my isolated "guest" network).

Karl

P.S. I really hope that address is firewalled from external access,
otherwise ill-intentioned people could wreak havoc on your myth box.