[mythtv-users] How to start MythTV Backend?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 23:10:47 UTC 2013

On 11/17/2013 04:55 PM, Forum wrote:
> Am 17.11.2013 23:29, schrieb Paul Wootton:
>>     • Nov 17 22:37:22 user-GA-880GMA-UD2H mythlogserver: mythbackend[8570]: E CoreContext scheduler.cpp:220 (VerifyCards) Scheduler: No
>> channel sources defined in the database
>>
>> You don't have any capture cards defined for your backend.  mythbackend won't start unless it sees some tuners.
>> -- Paul --

> I wasn't able to define my tuners. Before my Harddrive-crash, MythTV works fine with Linux Ubuntu. After the HDD-crash, I bought a new HDD and
> installed Linux Mint and MythTV. In my backend, my tuner card is not detected.
> In Backend, "Capture Card Setup" in "Card Type" is "DVB DTV capture card (v3.x)". But in "DVB device", field is blanc !!!!

The logs you posted are great. If you're not seeing the capture card, then
I'd suggest looking in /var/log/syslog (or wherever your distribution stores
them) for lines that show that the DVB card is being recognized. For example,
in my syslog, "cx18-0 843: verified load of v4l-cx23418-dig.fw firmware"
appears (and lots of lines lines for the cx18 driver before that.) You should
also see entries in /dev/dvb/adapter0 if the card is being recognized.

As Paul just said, something (e.g. firmware) may not have been restored.

--
Bill