[mythtv-users] State of blu-ray support?

Bert Haskins bhaskins at chartermi.net
Sun Nov 17 19:58:28 UTC 2013

On 11/17/2013 12:42 PM, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Eric Sharkey wrote:
>> No, that's not the only way.  The other way is to demonstrate the futility of
>> shenanigans.
> That's proven not to work. Those that inflict such crap on the world simply see that as meaning they need stickier, smellier sh*t.
>
> Eg, the CSS on DVDs was shown to be futile, so they* enacted laws to make it illegal to circumvent it. In addition, they did the CSS for BlueRay, which again has been shown not to be effective against other than against law abiding people who weren't going to redistribute unprotected videos anyway.
>

> * "They" being the big content industry via their puppets in the US legislature, and the UK government saw that it was good** and followed suit.
>
> ** One can't help but wonder if for the same reasons !
It was quite interesting to me the way our "puppets" made themselves
exempt from insider trading regulations.
Then after 60 minutes did a piece on this just before the last election
they reversed this only to put it back
right after the election.

I guess if you consider the source,"** One can't help but wonder if for the same reasons !" there is not much reason to wonder.
Not just puppets.... really greedy puppets.

The same little dance is now going on over phone unlocking.
I'll bet we get screwed on that one also.