[mythtv-users] Archive to DVD - time format error

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Sun Nov 17 18:45:30 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 10:17:03AM +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 17/11/13 05:58, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
>
> So it has failed immediately while trying to run mythtranscode
> --mpeg2 on a 1920*1080 recording.  It hasn't told you the command
> line it's using, and it hasn't returned an error and printed 'failed
> to run'.

Right - it's failed to find the recording -- the file -- because of the
failure to match the date string. So it didn't attempt run at all.

> I have commented many times on the problems that an occasional user
> of MythArchive is likely to face.  You could try to find out what
> the command will be before it is issued; there are several places
> now in mythburn.py where that is done.
>
> However, I have a confession to make.  My instructions for patching
> mythburn.py were incomplete; they didn't follow RW's patch. Try
> that.
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11758#comment:2

Your original instructions said to change 3 instances of
rec.starttime.isoformat() to rec.starttime.utcisoformat() - this ticket
suggests a subset of that, changing only one. I tried it; it does the
same thing.  It fails to find the recording based on a failure to match
the time string, the difference being as before that the time string has
no timezone offset on it. (Same as I reported earlier after the broader
patch.)  i.e.:

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/methodheap.py", line 676, in searchRecorded
    return ('recorded.%s=?' % key, datetime.duck(value), 0)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/utility/dt.py", line 435, in duck
    raise TypeError("time data '%s' does not match supported formats"%t)
TypeError: time data '
        2013-11-14T23:14:00
    ' does not match supported formats

As compared to last night's

>    raise TypeError("time data '%s' does not match supported formats"%t)
> TypeError: time data '
>         2013-11-14T18:14:00-05:00
>     ' does not match supported formats

The two time strings are identical, really, and the parsing of them should
yield the same result. I wonder, do I have a problem in my dt.py ?

Thanks again,
mm