[mythtv-users] REVISITED: Hauppauge remote; how to activate?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 16:39:22 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:
> Ah.
> Is such a thing available from the "MicroCenter" chain of stores?
> (We have one here on the West side of the metro area.)

TTBOMK, Micro Center no longer sells such devices,
although they may be able to acquire them from a
distributor.

> If not, where (else) can I get one?

A common location to acquire such receivers in the US
are places such as Amazon and eBay (search for
'MCE USB IR receiver'), and you can order direct from
a few manufactures (or their distributors).  HP and Dell
both offered such units, probably others.

These are not specific recommendations (I have not
tried either, nor your specific remote), but here
are a couple of examples (using the search terms
from above) of what you should be looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/Remote-Control-Receiver-Emitter-Vista/dp/B00AYE6JDO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384706098&sr=8-1&keywords=hp+mce+receiver

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-NEW-Original-Genuine-HP-USB-MCE-IR-Wireless-Receiver-Win7-Vista-US-fast-/270929871250?pt=US_Remote_Controls_Pointers&hash=item3f14adc192