[mythtv-users] What is Proper CableCard for new HDHomerun Prime

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sun Nov 17 15:08:27 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Myth Guy <mythtvguy1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have just ordered an HDHomerun Prime.  I suscribe to Time Warner and
> have tested using Firewire to see what channels would be available to
> me.

The set of channels available via Firewire is not guaranteed to be the
same set of channels available copy freely.

Time Warner is notoriously stingy with copy controls, marking nearly
everything copy-once and therefor incompatible with MythTV + HDHR
Prime.  Are you doing this because TW is encrypting basic broadcast
channels and that's what you hope to record?

Eric