[mythtv-users] Archive to DVD - time format error

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Nov 17 14:57:51 UTC 2013

On 17/11/13 14:14, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 17/11/13 13:47, Zig wrote:

>>> I've committed the patch to both master and fixes to make it easier
>>> to test.
>>>
>>> Please report back if it fixed the problem for you.
>> I don't understand exactly, the commit system.  Is it possible to
>> briefly explain to a novice how to figure out when this commit will
>> show up in my particular distribution?
>>  I'm currently running v0.27-89-g4ca9300  Branch: fixes/0.27.  I have
>> looked at the ticket and see the extremely long commit number as well
>> at the changeset number, but I don't know how to follow those numbers
>> down to what release they first show up in.
>>
>> If this is beyond the scope of explaining to a novice, I understand.
>> Thanks,
>> Ziggy
>>

> The easiest way to tell if you have the commit is to look at the number
> after v0.27 in the version you have it is 89 which means there have been
> 89 commits to the 0.27 branch since it was tagged. The commit you want
> the number is 92 so when that number is >= 92 in the version you have
> then you know you have the commit.
>
> Paul H.

You can get the version of mythburn.py after this commit here. Because
it's python, provided nothing has changed in its links to the rest of
the system, you should be able to drop it into yours without waiting for
a fresh system build.

IIRC you found that you had to apply a different patch, based on this
one, to get your system to create a DVD :-)

I got here from the fixes branch, but I see nothing on the page that
confirms that's what it is.

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/fa94c154c79d0752eb0eb59e579e1985ccf26532/mythplugins/mytharchive/mythburn/scripts/mythburn.py

John P