[mythtv-users] What is Proper CableCard for new HDHomerun Prime

Myth Guy mythtvguy1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 14:57:20 UTC 2013

I have just ordered an HDHomerun Prime.  I suscribe to Time Warner and
have tested using Firewire to see what channels would be available to
me.  The Time Warner website says that 2 different CableCards are
available (both are for the same price):

--Tru2way® devices are two-way capable and allow you to receive nearly
all TWC services (The only exception is DVR service which requires, a
DVR set-top box).

--Unidirectional Digital Cable Products (UDCPs) are one-way devices
and can access basic and digital channels, although channels are
delivered via Switched digital.

I suspect that UDCP will do the trick for just recording the channels.
 I think the Tru2way card is primarily for get pay per view to work,
which I can't imagine being able to record.  But since they are the
same price, should I get the Tru2way anyway?  Are there advantages
over one or the other?  Will the UDCP card support recording 3
channels, since they are delivered via the Switched digital?  Will the
prime even record "copy freely" channel with the Tru2way card?

Thanks for any help,
Dan