[mythtv-users] Encrypted Shows and Tuner selection

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sun Nov 17 02:30:42 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> Unless I'm very much mistaken, the answer is "you need a separate SD lineup
> for your Prime that doesn't show the channels which require a Cablecard to
> tune at all".

You're very much mistaken.  You can do this with one schedules direct
lineup, but you do need two video sources.

There was a recent thread on this topic "Need to prevent SD source
from picking up HD channels." which is the same fundamental issue.

How best to do this isn't unanimously agreed upon.  There's my method:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/556688#556688

And another:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/556701#556701

With the multiple schedules direct lineups being a third method:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/556725#556725

which won't work for everyone.

None of these methods are really perfect, in my opinion, but each will
work well enough.

Eric