[mythtv-users] MP4 / .avi Videos not available

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 00:56:03 UTC 2013

On 11/16/13 5:01 PM, Miroslav Pavlovic wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I got my Mythbox running, but still struggling with the live Video and
> also I am not finding any Movies I have uploaded to the Mythbox.
> (I guess the Live TV is more a performance problem of my Duron 700,
> recording runs fine)
>
> I did the update via menu also via the m Button. I have set the Client
> (on my Mint Linux Laptop) to German, so not 100% sure about the Menu
> names.
>
> Any idea what I need to set to see the videos from the MythTV Client?
>
> Thanks.
> Cheers,
> Miro

1: Did you configure your backend video storage group? Correctly?
2: After uploading the movies, did you change permissions and ownership
of the movie files?
3: After uploading, changing permissions and ownership of the movie
files, did you run mythutil --scanvideos  ?

>From time to time, I've missed one of each of those items and wondered
where my movies were.
For #1, I fat fingered a directory name, but kept reading what i was
expecting to see and not what my fat fingers put in for far too long.