[mythtv-users] Latest bugfixes break timezone in 0.27

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 21:26:27 UTC 2013

On 11/16/2013 03:10 PM, Steve Greene wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I had applied the timezone fix to MYSQL months ago, but
> after the latest updates to 0.27, mythbackend crashed and the log
> pointed to the timezone fix. I ran
> "mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root
> -p<yourpassword> mysql" and received a string of failures, mostly Riyadh
> tables, but ending with "Warning: Unable to load
> '/usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab' as time zone. Skipping it."
>
> The timezone fixes won't load, and neither will my backend, after weeks
> of working continuously. Any ideas where to go next?

Hi;

Did mythbackend crash (e.g. segfault) or fail to start? Could you
pastebin a recent backend log from start to the error?

If I run: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo 1>/dev/null,
I see the errors you're probably seeing and don't think that's
a problem.

master had a fix to change the time zone tested. I updated the
Wiki: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MySQL_Time_Zone_Tables , but
didn't see that fix go into 0.27.

--
Bill