[mythtv-users] Latest bugfixes break timezone in 0.27

Steve Greene sgreene59 at verizon.net
Sat Nov 16 21:10:25 UTC 2013

I'm pretty sure I had applied the timezone fix to MYSQL months ago, but
after the latest updates to 0.27, mythbackend crashed and the log
pointed to the timezone fix. I ran
"mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root
-p<yourpassword> mysql" and received a string of failures, mostly Riyadh
tables, but ending with "Warning: Unable to load
'/usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab' as time zone. Skipping it."

The timezone fixes won't load, and neither will my backend, after weeks
of working continuously. Any ideas where to go next?

Thanks.

Steve