[mythtv-users] PVR-500's for sale?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 15:52:34 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 4:41 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Only if you can afford to fight a lawsuit from Fox.  ;)

"May you live in interesting times"

The only sure thing that will eventually come out of
the (eventual) Aereo consolidated decision is that it
will break the business model of "someone".  Either
the broadcasters (substantial loss of revenue for
re-transmission fees), or the MSOs and Aereos
(with various cloud based offerings), or the
consumer (where the broadcasters decide to
pull all their best content from OTA, and everyone
is forced to pay some sort of transmission fee).

It is not entirely clear which side one should be
rooting for (although I am sure everyone on this
list has their opinion), and I personally hope the
consumer is not the loser, but I fear that the
consumer always loses.

Gary