[mythtv-users] mythtv and medion 7134 board

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Nov 16 10:44:02 UTC 2013

On 16/11/13 10:12, Theuns Heydenrych wrote:
> HI i am trying to get my medion 7134 board to be used by mythtv.
>
> When using dmesg | grep saa7 i get the following result and it state
> [   19.140224] saa7134[0]/dvb: frontend initialization failed
>
> Every thing else look ok, output of dmesg | grep saa7
> <http://ubuntuone.com/3Pr5BEPvh9lTmUnLmcV1rg>
>
> How can i fix this, can someone please help?
>
> I also attached the also-base.conf
> <http://ubuntuone.com/3Ii5NAYjNKhkOfQR2IWqgN>file in /etc/modprobe.d
>
> I would appreciate if someone can help.
>
> Thank You in advance

I have one of these cards, but it's in a box I haven't used for some
time.  IIRC it's a simple framebuffer device for analog tv, so I'm
surprised to see a reference to dvb but not surprised that it failed.

It used to work with analog tv, composite and S-VHS inputs, with
software encoding; I'm not sure that recent mythtv supports that.

John P