[mythtv-users] Archive to DVD - time format error

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Sat Nov 16 04:40:00 UTC 2013

I have been trying to create a DVD from a recording. The attempt always
fails with a time format error. The tail of the log is something like this:

   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/utility/dt.py", line 435, in duck
     raise TypeError("time data '%s' does not match supported formats"%t)
       TypeError: type data '
          2013-10-15T19:57:00-04:00
       ' does not match supported formats

(I say "something like" because I'm typing it off of the screen and I could
be making errors. If I knew how to get the log as text I'd do that and
copy it in.)

Version is 0.27 from arch linux:
MythTV Version : 29eab51
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20131021-1
QT Version : 4.8.5

I looked at the mentioned dt.py file and to my python-ignorant eye it
looks like it may be expecting a space after the time and before the
TZ offset. But maybe not.

I write a DVD from mythtv maybe once or twice a year. Often there is
some little problem that I can naively fix, e.g. bad path to font files
or some undefined variable or something, but this is new and harder.

I've tried searching for similar problem reports but haven't seen any.
I've waited a few weeks in case similar reports show up, or an update
comes along to fix it. But now I'm starting to think it's something I'm
doing wrong since I seem to be the only one.

I've also tried switching themes and trying different recordings. Same
result. And I've gone through mythsetup and config screens trying to see if
I've got a weird date-format-related setting somewhere, but nothing has
jumped out at me.

Any hints?

Yours,
-mm-