[mythtv-users] 0.27 HDPVR cannot play in progress recording

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 22:45:16 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Michael <mythtv at blandford.net> wrote:
> On 11/12/2013 03:44 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>> I believe this was an issue discussed previously at one point, but
>> can't find the thread if it was. I'm hoping the subject will attract
>> the attention of someone that remembers...
>>
>> On my parents 0.27 system with two HDPVR tuners, recently they've been
>> noticing that recordings in progress cannot be played back until the
>> recording is finished.
>>

> What happens when they try to watch a program that is being recorded?  What
> happens on the screen and what do the logs say?
>
> I have a show recording right now with 0.27 on an HDPVR and I can watch it
> without issues.
>
> Michael

depends on the frontend. The local one just jumps back to the
recordings listing. A remote one will just show a black screen. the
frontend log of the remote one shows it creating the vdpau space to
display, and if I hit "back" I get the standard menu for exiting a
playback.
It doesn't do this for all in progress recordings. and for the ones it
does do, there is no image created for the recordings listing.
I'm also now noticing that the backend is no longer logging for some
reason. the command used to launch it is
LANG=$LANG /usr/bin/mythbackend --syslog local7 --loglevel info --user mythtv

which I don't see why it doesn't work? So that's whole other issue I
need to figure out now...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!