[mythtv-users] HDHR prime firmware update problem

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 21:34:58 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Mark Pennock <markitman2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I do have a normal HDHR on my network. I believe I did it correctly using
> the command line, but I also used the GUI app where you can see which is the
> prime since it has 3 tuners. I get the exact same error with either method.

Did you use any sort of download manager to
download the firmware?  Sometimes those try
to be helpful.  wget is your friend.

The sha256sum of the "correct" firmware for
a HDHR3-CC appears to be
bf0d1e714985fe82098c260cacbec642e4a95a04ff3da386c0838e4ce6181f3b

Do you have the latest cli hdhomerun_config and
libraries?  I seem to recall that there was a bug in
a specific version of the firmware that required a
workaround to load an upgraded firmware.  It was
very specific to a particular firmware version, but
if you are on it, you are impacted.  It was fixed
(about) a year ago in the libraries.

As a test, try to upgrade your non-Prime too (since
the 2010.... firmware is backlevel too).  If that works,
you have validated your process, at least.

You could consider going to the dark side, and try the
Windows software which will discover and upgrade any
HDHR device it finds (with internal copies of the firmware).

If all else fails, I would recommend going to the SiliconDust
site and open a ticket for assistance (and potentially
an RMA).

Gary