[mythtv-users] Album art in MythMusic

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Fri Nov 15 21:01:24 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 8:09 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
>
>> On 09/11/13 06:17, Karl Newman wrote:
>>
>>  On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org <mailto:
>>> newmank1 at asme.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Paul,
>>>
>>> I created the attached patch. It compiles, but when I scan for new music
>>> (after touch-ing some flac files which had embedded art), no art is
>>> detected (also tried manually editing the album art for the file). I think
>>> my flac files have a vestigial id3 tag, so I modified the tagger factory in
>>> metaio.cpp to always return a MetaIOFLACVorbis object. Still no luck,
>>> though. I'm not set up for debugging at all, so I don't even know if it's
>>> hitting my code paths. Any chance you could you test it out and let me know
>>> what's going on?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>

>> Thanks for the patch.
>>
>> If you select one of the files and press EDIT (E) to open the metadata
>> editor then menu -> Edit Album Art Images to open the Album Art metadata
>> screen. Then menu -> 'Rescan for Images' do the images show then?
>>
>> I only have three flac files that have been sent to me for testing
>> purposes and going from the Import Files screen I was able to find an image
>> in one of them but only if I did a manual rescan for some reason.
>>

>> Paul H.
>>

> Yes, that reads the album art for me, too. I was not aware of that menu--I
> was under the impression that entering the Album Art edit screen would
> cause it to re-scan automatically. So, apparently the code to read the
> embedded images is working; any idea why it won't work when a scan is
> performed?
>
> Karl

Paul,

FYI, I stuck the FLAC embedded art patch into a ticket here:
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11947 I modified the tagger factory in
metaio.cpp a little bit so that it would prefer a FLAC tag but fall back to
an ID3 (previously it would prefer ID3 but fall back to FLAC). Will you
have a chance to see what's going on with the scanner?

Thanks,

Karl