[mythtv-users] Bolstering a system for Watch TV

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 19:42:48 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 7:12 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > If "the developers" didn't want LiveTV to be an option, perhaps "the
> > developers" shouldn't have made that an option, eh?
>
> Are you providing a community recommendation to remove it?
>
> "The developers" is not a static thing.  People come and go,
> and their expertise will vary in different areas of the code.
> The code is constantly evolving, and sometimes parts tend to
> receive less attention as the interests and expertise of those
> doing the current work changes too.

Why would I do that?  My comment is regarding the "you shouldn't be using
LiveTV" crowd that pop up nearly any time someone asks about LiveTV.
 LiveTV works fine for me (knock on wood), and I would sorely be in trouble
in the homestead if it went away.