[mythtv-users] Antennas

Stefan Jones stefan_jones at comcast.net
Fri Nov 15 05:33:46 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
Comcast is getting around the FCC requirement by supplying one or more of those crappy DCTs. But that doesn't help people who want to use their digital receivers. I got a cable card and HDHR, but it is going to cost me $10 a month. I'm going to return all of my other devices to cut the monthly fee, then tell Comcast to get bent sometime next year. My indoor antenna can supply my current capture cards with broadcast signals. For "cable" content, there's Netflix, Hulu, and whatever. Here is another helpful website: http://www.antennaweb.org/ I can't answer your specific question about trees. Altitude and building-free line of sight were the key to getting a good scan in my case. Moving antenna might be a problem. A slight turn of my indoor antenna can result in a channel fuzzing out. How far are you from the towers?