[mythtv-users] Audio solved...

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Fri Nov 15 05:07:08 UTC 2013

Guys/Gals:

Here's my "report" for lack of a better word, about the solution to the Audio problem I had.
For background information, see previous posts with subject:  "Audio not working... What should I check?"

Two days ago, I had just begun perusing through the recommended web site:  "https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture#HDMI_output_does_not_work",
when I had reason to drop by my friend's place who knows Linux/Unix/BSD, etc.
I mentioned the Audio and multi-tuner problems, and he ended up stopping by today to see what he could do.

He ended up going through the directions as listed on the above web page.
We determined that while my original installation had the correct default of HDMI audio, this most recent re-build had the analog 1/8th inch audio jacks as the default audio output.
The solution that did NOT work was the file that looked something like this:
   defaults.pcm.card 0
   defaults.pcm.device 7
   defaults.ctl.card 0
His solution was to create the file with the content that looked something like this:
   type hw
   card 0
   device 7

Now the Audio DOES work.
I'll write a separate note regarding the multiple tuner problem.

LP
.