[mythtv-users] OFF TOPIC: Text Editor(s) ?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Nov 15 01:02:53 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:
> Jeeeeeze.
> ...and here little old me thought that the "Treker" vrs "Trekie" debate was silly.

It is a little different than that.  Star Trek fandom rarely more than
just an occasional hobby.  Even die hard fans who travel cross country
to attend multiple conventions per year in costume will typically
spend much less time on Star Trek related activities than a typical
professional Unix developer/administrator will spend using an editor.
I received instruction on how to use vi more than 20 years ago, and
have probably averaged 3-4 hours use per day, every day, since that
time.  Having mastery of a good editor is important.

Eric