[mythtv-users] OFF TOPIC: Text Editor(s) ?

Stefan Jones stefan_jones at comcast.net
Thu Nov 14 22:00:38 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
Oh man . . . text editors have been the cause of many "religious wars" since the ur-times of the Internet. You friend was likely using 'vi'. The slightly-more-modern version is 'vim.' The other major player is emacs. I prefer vi / vim. It is a major pain to get used to the modes and keystrokes, but once you have those down you can edit simple files very easily. Stefan