[mythtv-users] OFF TOPIC: Text Editor(s) ?

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Thu Nov 14 21:54:13 UTC 2013

Gents and Madams:

A friend was just over to help out with Linux and MythBuntu (more on that later).
During the course of troubleshooting, he looked through a web site other(s) here had already referenced.
   ( https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture#HDMI_output_does_not_work )
He zipped through it very fast (or at least a LOT faster than I would have), and used a text editor to create one of the files the web page recommended.

I can't recall the name of the Text Editor, but I know it had only two digits, and I think one was the letter "V'.
If I was only interested in that text editor, I could (re)ask him the name of if...

-----

What I'm interested in hearing your opinion on is...

What Text Editor do you think is "the best" (by what ever definition you choose),
and/or the one that you would recommend to a "newbie" like me?

LP