[mythtv-users] Select Dropdown for Mythweb

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Nov 14 17:54:49 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
> > Mythweb is being replaced? What's the story on this?
>
> I am not a dev, so my opinions have little weight.  That
> said....
>
> It has been on the "task list" for years.  Along with replacing
> mythtv-setup with a web based setup process.  Where "task"
> means something a dev wanted to do, but did not have the
> resources available to proceed.  Stuart has managed to find
> some time.  Excellent.  Mythweb has always had "issues"
> and "limitations".  Integration with the backend, and using
> the services API is a great step forward.
>
> Whether that means Mythweb will be deleted in 0.28
> (or simply deprecated) will likely depend on how much
> time the devs can invest in the replacement codes.
>
> > I've been working on
> > patches lately and I'd like to know if they're going to waste...
>
> I am sure good ideas will be considered.  But it would make
> sense to float them on the dev list before investing any great
> efforts.
>
> Well, what I've been working on were bug fixes (patches submitted) and the
3rd-party "mythepisode" module which shows your MythTV recording history
together with TV episode data from metadata providers so you can know what
you haven't watched or recorded yet.

> > Is there a  repository for this new code?
>
> Check master.  Under the html directory.

I just found that. I hope the it will work with existing servers like
mythweb currently does instead of running another server on another port,
which would make integration into my existing server more difficult. MythTV
is already trying too hard to become an operating system unto itself...

Karl