[mythtv-users] TW2815 chipset

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Nov 14 16:49:44 UTC 2013

On 11/14/2013 11:13 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> Greetings Mythizens, I'm trying to get a zoneminder system up on a
> Ubuntu 12.04 lts desktop. I received a cctv card that works with linux
> according to the E-Bay listing. I popped it into a modest Bio-star
> mobo, turned the pc on, selected Ubuntu, from grub, after which the
> "no signal" prompt appeared on the display. Could this be, as the
> vendor now says that "Firstly,this card does not fits Linux" or did
> ubuntu think this was a graphics card (PCI) and stopped outputting
> from the onboard graphics?

Sounds like you had a hard coded xorg.conf, and when the new PCI card
was added, the address of the old graphics card changed.

> Does anyone know if the TW2815 chipset is recognized by V4L?

If it isn't in the kernel, there at least seems to be some form of
driver here...

https://github.com/openlinux/Drv/tree/master/drv-hi3511/tw2815

Now whether it exposes V4L, or supports your specific card, I couldn't
say.  I would expect the code to contain at least some mention of V4L if
it did.