[mythtv-users] TW2815 chipset

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 16:13:28 UTC 2013

Greetings Mythizens, I'm trying to get a zoneminder system up on a
Ubuntu 12.04 lts desktop. I received a cctv card that works with linux
according to the E-Bay listing. I popped it into a modest Bio-star
mobo, turned the pc on, selected Ubuntu, from grub, after which the
"no signal" prompt appeared on the display. Could this be, as the
vendor now says that "Firstly,this card does not fits Linux" or did
ubuntu think this was a graphics card (PCI) and stopped outputting
from the onboard graphics?

Does anyone know if the TW2815 chipset is recognized by V4L?

If its just a matter of installing a graphics card into the PCIe x16
slot I will spend the $, but as I understand and appreciate the wealth
of knowledge on this list I thought I'd check here first.

Many thanks Daryl