[mythtv-users] I've had a really bad moment here

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 14:48:07 UTC 2013

On 11/14/13 9:32 AM, Richard Morton wrote:

> A q6600 is a 64 but cpu... Although running a 32 bit OS shouldn't
> cause an issue and not that issue. Sounds like a BIOS, bootloader or
> disc burning issue.
>
> Try downloading Ubuntu minimal 12.04 using USB startup disc creator
> and once installed installing mythbuntu-desktop using apt?

> Please excuse brevity and pistakes as this email was composed on a phone.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Richard

Started a unetbootin USB drive last night before turning in.
Might try the 64 bit install, the disc is downstairs from when I loaded
Mythbuntu onto my old Dell 2850.
It'll have to wait until I get back late this afternoon, I have to take
my father to dialysis and have to sit there with him during treatment.
The dialysis center insists I sit with him, as he pulled the needles
from his arm last month, due to his dementia.