[mythtv-users] MySQL problem on a fresh 0.26.0 install

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 07:25:49 UTC 2013

On 11/14/2013 01:19 AM, JCA wrote:
> However, the timezones seem to have been loaded all right:
>
> $ mysql
>
> mysql> SELECT CONVERT_TZ('2012-06-07 12:00:00', 'GMT', 'America/New_York');
> +--------------------------------------------------------------+
> | CONVERT_TZ('2012-06-07 12:00:00', 'GMT', 'America/New_York') |
> +--------------------------------------------------------------+
> | 2012-06-07 08:00:00                                          |
> +--------------------------------------------------------------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> However, launching mythtv-setup again elicits exactly the same "MySQL
> time zone support is missing." diagnostic as before. I have tried
> stopping and starting MySQL several times, but the diagnostic remains.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

The relevant test is whether mysql knows about your actual time zone
rather than the example of America/New York. So please look at the
contents of /etc/timezone and repeat the test correspondingly. For
example, mine says Europe/Brussels.

You might need to pick another time zone label for your system (of
course one that yields the correct offset from UTC, including
transitions to/from DST).

HTH, Jan