[mythtv-users] I've had a really bad moment here

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 05:42:37 UTC 2013

Tonight, I tried to re-purpose a Windows box for a MythBuntu box.
But, Ubuntu refused. Got a "unable to find a medium containing a live
file system" from the Mythbuntu DVD.
Tried a few end-arounds, same deal.
To the point of wanting to to *BSD.

It also makes me reconsider my job application with Canonical.

While Microsoft has long held the "a bug with seniority is a feature", I
don't hold that true with open source.
I'll try to figure it out tomorrow afternoon, as I have to escort my
father to dialysis and, erm supervise him there in his dementia state.

Maybe Friday I'll manage to figure it out.
Saturday is flat out, dad on dialysis.
Sunday through Monday is out as well.
Tuesday is out, due to dialysis.
Maybe Wednesday is open.

Meanwhile, my wife suggest I can get a fucking job.
Whilst caring for my father and earning a living.
After losing a prime gig during one of his outbursts.

Want to play in *my* world?
Superheroes fail there.
It's the real world...

Ideas on how to make my old machine behave for my father's video pleasure?
I'd be a small pleasure in his recognizing my unrecognized pleasure for him.
He no longer recognizes me.