[mythtv-users] Odd problem with "suspend to RAM"

Alan Ferrero alanf at tin.it
Wed Nov 13 13:42:13 UTC 2013

Hi all, :)

I set up my HTPC so that I can now turn it on/off (and vice versa) via
remote control using S3 (suspend to RAM).

There is however one small problem: when the HTPC wakes up from suspend
I see the XFCE cursor (little white arrow) on top the frontend!!! :(

This only happens when I use S3: if I boot (S1) or reboot everything
works just fine.

For the record I'm running an old MythBuntu 64-bit version (9.10) and
also use MythWelcome.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this rather annoying issue?

Thanks! :)

Alan