[mythtv-users] Nvidia chipset motherboard recommendations

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 06:11:43 UTC 2013

On 9 November 2013 19:43, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> That rather depends on what you mean as the format for "HD".  Here in
> New Zealand, DVB-T transmissions of HD TV programs are 1080i H.264
> (High at L4.1 profile, max bit rate about 13.3 Mbit/s), and they do not
> work properly with an Nvidia 210.  An Nvidia 210 may be able to do
> 1080p H.264 OK, I do not know.  But it does not do our 1080i.

decoding-wise; all nvidia cards are pretty similar.
So the 210 will have no issue decoding HD (be it 1080p or 1080i)

Where the difference show is when it comes to displaying the decoded
media and deinterlace it.

the 210 will not do the advanced 2X ; but it will do temporal 2X on
most content...

There will be a profile that will work for the 210; quality may not be
as good as better nvidia cards; but it will still be okay