[mythtv-users] 0.27 HDPVR cannot play in progress recording

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Nov 13 03:54:42 UTC 2013

> I believe this was an issue discussed previously at one point, but
> can't find the thread if it was. I'm hoping the subject will attract
> the attention of someone that remembers...
>
> On my parents 0.27 system with two HDPVR tuners, recently they've been
> noticing that recordings in progress cannot be played back until the
> recording is finished.
>
> Can someone point me towards what was causing this before as I'm
> hoping it's just a repeat issue easily solved.

I've had and still *DO* have problems with in progress recording to a
remote frontend (frontend local to the backend is fine!) when recording
analog from an STB using an IVTV style card (and HVR2200 as it happens).
It has 2 symptoms:
 * very slow to start - about 20 seconds
 * hangs the frontend after the time interval of the recording when
playback started.
Weird as LiveTV is OK, its only in progress ones and only on a remote
frontend (i.e. using Myth protocol, not direct from disk).

There are tickets open for both problems but nobody has looked at them yet:(

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks