[mythtv-users] temporarily extending one show

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Nov 13 03:46:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 12:47:34 -0800, you wrote:

>On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Probably under my nose, but what's the correct way of temporarily
>> extending one show's recording.
>>
>> e.g. SNL was delayed 30 minutes because of a game on NBC. While it was
>> recording I edited the sked to add 30 mins, but then all future recordings
>> were 30 minutes longer too.
>>
>> Am I missing an obvious "just extend this one?"
>>
>> Not sure about how to get there using MythFrontend, but in Mythweb, if you
>click on the upcoming or currently recording program on the Upcoming
>Recordings screen and select the "Record this specific showing" option it
>will create an override schedule for just that particular showing. Then you
>can modify the other items such as the end late and it will only apply to
>that one. I think when I tried it I had some flaky behavior with it so I
>set up the override first (select "Record this showing") and then clicked
>Save, then went back and made the other changes and saved those separately.
>
>Karl

You need to add an override rule, rather than edit the main rule.  In
0.27 this works well - just stop watching the program and go to Manage
Recordings > Upcoming Recordings.  Select the program that is still
currently recording.  You should get a list of options:

  Stop this recording
  Modify recording options

Select "Modify recording options" and the recording rule editor window
that opens should have "Record this showing with override options"
selected as the first entry.  So just go down to "Schedule Options",
select that and alter the "End recording" setting as desired and the
settings will be applied only in an override rule for this particular
recording, leaving the main recording rule unchanged.

You can also apply override rules from the Upcoming Recordings list at
any time by selecting a recording that is not yet recording and then
selecting "Add override rule".  If the schedule changes after you
apply an override rule, you can be left with an orphaned override rule
with no program entry in the EPG to match it - I believe it will not
actually record in such a situation, and orphaned rules are flagged
with an N on the right hand side and listed in Information Center >
System Status > Schedule Status when they happen.  You can delete
orphan rules, or leave them to disappear on their own as they slip
into the past.