[mythtv-users] Australians: can you help me gather some data?

Xander lexvictory at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 13 01:16:56 UTC 2013

>You could work the other way and intergrate this EIT Data into shepherd, as they already provide a framework to augment the data they receive
from various online sources.
Perhaps, but as far as I know shepherd will refuse to run again if it has been successful recently. This can run completely offline if one doesn't care about extra data like categories, season/ep numbers, etc.

Also, this is not EIT data, EIT data is horrible by comparison (though for some networks has some data that the freeview stuff doesn't provide - e.g. repeat info on 7)

>OK, solved the link problem by re-ordering the command line
Yeah I have no idea why that works on my system - I had to do the same thing to compile the static versions (perhaps a Gentoo quirk)

>$ ./rb-download -f channels-2013-11-13.conf -b downloaded any
If you're using 'any' just by itself you need to have tuned a channel by some other means! (e.g. live tv in myth)

Either supply it a service id as per the readme, or use 'any:<service>' where <service> is the service id