[mythtv-users] Alternatives to lossless transcode

mark perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 12 23:52:34 UTC 2013

On 12/11/13 20:42, Paul Gardiner wrote:

> Do you mean running my script or just running mythtranscode?
> Mythtranscode --fifodir run alone will stall eventually because the
> fifos will fill up. It will also stall if something reads from them
> unevenly. But, assuming you are running the script, you could easily
> be correct that whatever upsets --mpeg2 is also upsetting --fifodir.
>
> Cheers,
>      Paul.

Sorry my mistake. I assumed that if I ran just mythtranscode --fifodir
it would just output the two streams in their entirety to the nominated
files. Trying your script now, for some reason my ffmpeg did not like
the '-profile high' switch but have taken that out and it appears to be
running. Will report results once available.