[mythtv-users] MythArchive to DVD audio out of sync

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Nov 12 23:42:56 UTC 2013

I will come back again on this.  It seems that you have at least two
problems:

Mythtranscode isn't working for you.  That is supposed to apply the
cutlist, if you have told it to (menu key during file selection) and,
IIRC, if you have moved the commflag output into the cutlist.  I define
the cutlist with the editor.

Mythtranscode has a long history of sensitivity to changes of stream
format, and maybe other problems.  In the past it has often worked well
for most of the time but has occasionally just failed or produced output
that caused later processes to fail.  Project-X, which is still, AIUI,
for mpeg2 only, seems more robust.

It appears that, when mythtranscode failed, your original file dropped
through to be re-encoded by mythffmpeg, sync-adjusted by mythreplex, fed
to dvdauthor and written to disk.  These appear to have worked but must
include the source of your reported drift of A/V sync.  If you wish to
persist you could perhaps examine the sync of the output from the ffmpeg
stage.

MythArchive works well for me; but I start with a recording format that
is close to the dvd format, select streams and cut externally, and do
not re-encode.  Each stage can be checked.  All the steps that
MythArchive sets out to do are required, and the tools that it uses
will, individually and with good input, usually work, but the overall
initial failure rate can, it seems, be high.

Good luck,

John