[mythtv-users] Program Schedules: working or not? How to (re)configure?

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Tue Nov 12 20:18:58 UTC 2013

On Nov 12, 2013, at 7:21 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 09/23/2013 11:44 AM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Leif Pihl wrote:
>>> When either Broadcast or Cable is selected, 5/6ths of the data is identical:
>>>
>>> Listings Grabber:  North American (schedulesdirect.org) (Internal)
>>> User id: xxxx.xxxx at xxxxx.xxx
>>> Password: xxxxxx
>>> Data Direct Lineup:  Comcast-Cable-Cable-55406- MN22623:-
>> That's your first problem.  You should not be using a comcast lineup
>> for a broadcast source.  You need to create a new lineup on the
>> schedules direct website for broadcast.
>>
>>> x   Perform EIT Scan                    (it IS checked)
>> And turn that off.  It'll cause more harm than good to use that in the U.S.
>
> And it will completely destroy your listings data (with Schedules Direct and EIT stomping all over each other) if you use it and Schedules Direct on the same channel.
>
> You can only use one of Schedules Direct, XMLTV, or EIT on any given channel.

Hmmm...
I knew (as of just recently) that Schedules Direct and EIT were different, conflicting sources.
I did NOT know that XMLTV was a 3rd animal; I thought it fed into one of the other two.
   (I'm not being sarcastic - I really didn't know.)

In any case, I THINK that's not my issue any more; I'll have to double check some time soon.
I'm reasonably sure that THIS (schedule) issue has been resolved in favor of SD, and EIT is disabled.

   {My audio problem (see other post(s)) is the current glitch I'm working on, I'll be revisiting the multiple tuner card after I've solved the audio issue.}

SLIGHT TOPIC SHIFT:

_IF_
60 minutes is delayed by NFL football, AND the network(s) know it ahead of time,
--AND/OR--
The President addresses the nation,
--AND/OR--
Some other semi-predictable national/regional event is going to interfere with the TV schedule AFTER the schedules had initially had their (version 1.0) release,
thus requiring a predictable shifting of the TV Schedules,

_THEN_
Which schedule source would most likely have the CORRECTED TV schedule in advance of (or in real-time at) the event and/or programming ?

LP