[mythtv-users] Anybody use Airplay Mirroring with MacOS FE and Apple TV?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 18:31:13 UTC 2013

I have an aging Core Duo iMac FE in my kitchen. I've been planning to
replace it with an HDMI monitor and some extenders back to my main FE in
the basement, however after using Airplay mirroring today in our boardroom
with my Macbook, I may have other ideas.

My Macbook has an 0.26 FE on it that I rarely use. I was thinking about
purchasing an AppleTV, running Myth on it, and using Display Mirroring to
send the video to the kitchen monitor. I'd expect some sort of loss of
picture and / or audio quality but since it's a kitchen tv, I'm fine with a
little fuzziness.

Has anybody tried this yet?