[mythtv-users] Multi-gigabyte log files from mythcommflag

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Nov 12 14:31:50 UTC 2013

On 12/11/2013 13:39, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/11/2013 05:41 PM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> Intermittently, I'm seeing huge log files from mythcommflag. Here's
>> an example log. It is repeats of the last line that cause the problem.
>
> Yes, bad video will cause lots of messages from libav, and since we then
> output those messages, there will be large log files.

Thanks for the reply Michael.

I think there may be more to it than that. I'm not sure that these are
bad videos: I haven't noticed any glitches in playback. Also, each time
I get one of these huge log files produced, it is the same warning line
I see repeated. And this never occurred before I updated to 0.27.

For now I've changed the particular warning in the code from VB_GENERAL
to VB_MHEG so that'll see it only if I ask for it, but I guess that
might not be accepted as a committable fix.

Cheers,
	Paul.