[mythtv-users] Q: Hide channel in guide but allow to use with "Watch TV"?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 01:26:51 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Dale Quigg <dalequigg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have several channels that I want to be able to use with "Watch TV" but
> don't want cluttering up my Program Guide.  Is this possible?
>
> I un-checked the "Visible" property in the channel editor, and this
> removes them from the guide.  But, when I choose "Watch TV" I don't have
> the option of watching the "invisible" channels.

Have you looked into Channel Groups?  You can configure one or more custom
groups (Setup > Video > Channel Groups), and there are more relevant
settings in Setup > Video > General > last page.  You can then toggle
between All Channels and a custom group that you define.  And, as another
reply mentioned, you can directly enter a channel number, even I believe
for an invisible channel.

Jim