[mythtv-users] Antenna wiring question

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Mon Nov 11 22:15:25 UTC 2013

I've not read all the messages in response to your initial inquiry.
I do gather that you seem to have an already existing antenna in the attic from the days of analog NTSC.
Most of those antennas had two portions, one for the 2 to 12 channel frequencies, and one for the set going up numerically from there.
(Yea, yea, it's the old UHF versus VHF, and I can never keep them straight.)
_IF_ the manufacturer of your antenna skimped on the higher channel numbered set, _THEN_ be aware that you may be better of by just plain building a home-brew antenna.
I did so, in a bit of a rush, but even my semi-slap-dash version works rather well.
True, most of the towers I'm aiming for are at the 9-mile range, but if you take better care to do a good job than I did, you should be able to increase those received dB of gain.

I Googled this web site:   http://www.tvantennaplans.com/   and it looks familiar.
This may be what I built, except I cheated and used only one piece of cardboard for the entire back, not two pieces.

Try that, and good luck.

later,      LP