[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome refuses shutdown

Richard Hulme peper03 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 22:03:22 UTC 2013

On 10/11/13 11:53, Daniel Di Giacomo wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> i have a master-backend with a HD-Homerun-Box attached and a
> slave-backend/frontend with to PCI-tuner-cards inside.
> When the master-backend is recording on the HDHR-tuners,
> mythwelcome denies to shutdown the slave-backend, saying "mythtv is busy".
> It seems that it doesn't distinguish between master- and slave-backend.
> Shouldn't it check local tuners for active redordings only?

Hi Daniel,

Which version are you running?  I noticed an issue a month or so ago on
my combined master backend/frontend.  Looking at the mythwelcome logs, I
saw 'Suspending idle timer/Resuming idle timer' messages every 30
seconds.  It's quite possible you're seeing the same on your slave-backend.

A change made in 0.27, causes mythwelcome, ironically, to reset the idle
timer when querying whether the backend is idle.

I started looking into it but didn't get too far before life intervened.

Richard.