[mythtv-users] Australians: can you help me gather some data?

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Mon Nov 11 18:44:43 UTC 2013

On 11 November 2013 19:02, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> The data I'm talking about is the Freeview EPG (the one that works only on
>> their devices).
>>
>> For a while I have been using the EPG data to generate an xmltv file for
>> mythfilldatabase, which has worked quite well. I am now doing a rewrite (in
>> perl rather than c++) so that others can benefit.
>>
>> So, What I would like is a dump of the DSMCC data from your area. It
>> shouldn't matter what channel you use; they all carry it here in WA.
>> I've modified a version of rb-download to download the data and exit
>> after no new data is found.
>>
>> https://github.com/thiakil/rb-download
>> Hopefully the readme is detailed enough. I need the 3 folders it creates;
>> cache, carousels, services. One they're tarred up (gz or bzip2 preferred)
>> it should be a small file, direct email should be fine.
>>
>> It would also be helpful if you can provide me a copy of the
>> channels.conf file (so I can see which channels your actually receive), and
>> your region (e.g. nsw Sydney; qld regional, etc)
>>

> Hi Xander, I too would be glad to help, but you may be over-estimating
> people's abilities to download and compile code. I have no idea how to
> download all those files from github and hardly, hardly ever compile
> anything. If you could make it a bit easier to get the software and run it
> then you might get a bigger response.
>
> Also, just thought I'd mention that Shepherd does a great job in providing
> guide data in Australia, though you probably already know that.

If you really want this data I would suggest setting this up in a ppa or an
rpm, also maybe provide a script to generate the channels.conf from the
mythtv database

as I'm getting errors making this, perhaps as ubuntu uses zlib1g-dev
instead of libz-dev ?

cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o rb-download.o rb-download.c
cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o list.o list.c
cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o findmheg.o findmheg.c
cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o listen.o listen.c
cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o command.o command.c
cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o stream.o stream.c
cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o assoc.o assoc.c
cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o carousel.o carousel.c
cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o module.o module.c
cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o table.o table.c
cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o dsmcc.o dsmcc.c
cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o biop.o biop.c
biop.c: In function âprocess_biop_dirâ:
biop.c:210:16: warning: âkind.dataâ may be used uninitialized in this
function [-Wuninitialized]
biop.c:210:16: warning: âname.sizeâ may be used uninitialized in this
function [-Wuninitialized]
biop.c:210:16: warning: âname.dataâ may be used uninitialized in this
function [-Wuninitialized]
cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o fs.o fs.c
cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o channels.o channels.c
cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o cache.o cache.c
cc -Wall -O2 -g -MD  -c -o utils.o utils.c
utils.c: In function âhexdumpâ:
utils.c:150:4: warning: format â%xâ expects argument of type âunsigned
intâ, but argument 2 has type âsize_tâ [-Wformat]
cc -lz  rb-download.o list.o findmheg.o listen.o command.o stream.o assoc.o
carousel.o module.o table.o dsmcc.o biop.o fs.o channels.o cache.o
utils.o   -o rb-download
module.o: In function `uncompress_module':
./rb-download/module.c:187: undefined reference to `inflateInit_'
./rb-download/module.c:199: undefined reference to `inflate'
./rb-download/module.c:211: undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
./rb-download/module.c:202: undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [rb-download] Error 1

Cheers,

Anthony