[mythtv-users] Anyone successfully using a Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe with MythTV?

Scott scotth4x-myth at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 03:28:22 UTC 2013

Well I'm going to share what finally worked for me.  The InfiniTV 6 PCIe does work with MythTV, here's what I did:

- Started with Mythbuntu base installation, created bootable USB from the ISO with UNetBootin under Windows
- Applied updates (including updated 3.8.0-33 kernel) and reboot to apply new kernel
- Download Ceton drivers for InfiniTV.  Extract, make, and sudo make install.  Reboot to ensure they load at startup
- Configure ctn0 interface to use DHCP and be enabled at startup (I configured via /etc/network/interfaces
- Use Mythbuntu Control Center to configure 0.27 as the update version
-
 Launch terminal session, 'sudo apt-get update', 'apt-get upgrade',
'apt-get dist-upgrade' repeatedly until no packages have deferred
installations.  At this
 point you should have Myth 0.27 installed
- Reboot for all updated libraries to take effect
- Run mythtv-setup (as unprivileged user), configure tuners with 192.168.200.1 IP and tuners 0-5.
- Configure SchedulesDirect and channel configurations