[mythtv-users] Antenna wiring question

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Nov 9 02:27:33 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-08, at 8:59 PM, Monkey Pet wrote:

> I also noticed that reception of some channels will vary from time to time.

Lots of things can be involved with reception trouble but a particularly powerful one is tropospheric ducting. There’s a guy who does forecasts at http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo.html although they’re more east coast oriented. Here in Toronto during late summer tropo season people sometimes pick up faraway stations from Pennsylvania or even Ohio which is beyond deep fringe.

So, the trouble you’re having might not be your setup, it could be a faraway station booming in and interfering with your local one. Or not. In any case I also find that HDHRs, particularly the early models, have not the best tuners especially when compared to a decent quality television.

- George