[mythtv-users] Plugins compile problem

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Nov 8 22:33:10 UTC 2013

On 08/11/13 21:48, Chris Nicholls wrote:
> On 08/11/2013 23:26, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 11/08/2013 03:14 AM, Chris Nicholls wrote:
>>> I have just done my first compile of mythtv. The only problem I have
>>> is compiling the plugins. The message is
>>> main.cpp:15:24: fatal error: QApplication: No such file or directory
>>> compilation terminated
>>> My guess is I've missed something pretty basic. But on the lighter
>>> side the backend and frontend are up and working a treat.
>>> It seems to be much faster and also mythweb :)
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> You have to install mythtv before you compile mythplugins.
>>
>> Mike
>>
> Thanks Mike, yes mythtv is installed and working.
>
> I've been thinking about the SRPMS and I'm thinking that I would like to
> move to compiling as it's taken 3 months for the RPMS to appear on
> rpmfusion.
> The URL that John kindly posted now is out of date, as the RPMS are now
> under release not updates testing.
> My plan was to upgrade myth get it settled the move form FC17 to FC19 as
> an upgrade. So I'm wondering if someone can help with the compile problem.
>
> Thanks
> Chris

Now that you have myth installed can you recompile and get the plugins
too? I thought that was what Mike was suggesting.

I hadn't expected that the 0.27 packages on rpmfusion would blow away
the 0.26 packages.  That explains Richard's caution in delaying release.

The new packages appear to be updated to 29eab51 of 23 Oct.

John