[mythtv-users] Antenna pointing apps?

Zig jzigpublic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 12:55:59 UTC 2013

On 11/7/2013 5:24 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/07/2013 05:39 PM, Zig wrote:
>> Ok, so it does still work in 0.27.  Thanks for the data point.
>> Taking this into account, it was probably my old analog tuners that
>> this used to work on and mythtv probably doesn't support that feature
>> on the HDHR and pcHD3000 digital (atsc) tuners.
>
> Should work fine on the pcHDTV HD-3000's.  I think there may have been
> problems with the HD-2000's (and don't remember if they got fixed),
> but I think the 3000's are fine.  Just make sure you're recording with
> that (and not the HDHR) when you hit Alt-F7.
>
> Mike
Pressing the "C" key displays which tuner is currently being used in
live tv (if you've named your tuners in the backend setup) and the
pcHDTV HD-3000 is selected but there is no signal monitor action when
hitting Alt-F7.  Not sure why, but...

I've discovered that all my digital TVs have realtime signal meters
buried somewhere in their menus, so they can be used for antenna
orientation if necessary.  Even the US Gov subsidized DTV converter
boxes have nice signal meters included.

By the way, you may get better results by temporarily removing any
antenna line amplifiers when orienting an antenna via signal strength
meters.
Ziggy