[mythtv-users] running mythfilldatabase without datadirect?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 8 12:16:24 UTC 2013

On 11/08/2013 01:54 AM, Marius Schrecker wrote:
> Hi again,
>
>    Here's the result of the first scheduled run after removing the
> datadirect source..
> I am also trying to attach the .xmltv channel file as one of the
> errors is an unexpected EOF.
>
> log follows:

> Nov  8 04:04:05 mythbox mythlogserver: mythfilldatabase[10066]: E
> CoreContext xmltvparser.cpp:605 (parseFile) Error in 1:1: unexpected
> end of file

That says the the Altibox.xmltv file you've attached isn't the one
that's being used, because the end of file marker was at column 1, row
1--meaning an empty file.

Or, the user running mythbackend/mythfilldatabase doesn't have
permission to read the file.  This generally occurs when you put the
.xmltv file in someone's home directory (for which all other users on
the system should be locked out) and run mythbackend as a different user.

Mike